Nothing says summertime like peaches. And of course, it wouldn’t be summertime without some delicious peach cobbler. Easy peach cobbler is what summer recipe dreams are made of, and this dessert is a must-make! There are many ways to prepare peach cobbler, but our version is a perfect marriage of a sweet cake and a biscuit all wrapped up into one, a sweet cake-like biscuit.
You can easily make it from scratch using our Pie Crust mix and fresh peaches. The tangy lemon and almond flavors pair perfectly with the sweet peaches and our easy homemade gluten-free biscuit.
Don't have any peaches? Or they're not in season? Don’t fret. You can make this with canned peach slices without sacrificing flavor. With our easy Pie Crust mix, you're using real ingredients -- and this is what I believe makes this the best gluten-free cobbler ever!
Summer Peach Cobbler
- 5 cups fresh peaches (peeled and sliced) or canned peaches drained
- 1 cup sugar or stevia *(Reduce sugar to ½ cup for canned peaches.)
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- 1½ cup MinusG’s Perfect Pie Crust Mix
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ c. shortening or unsalted butter
- ½ c. half-n-half / coconut cream
- 1 well-beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp Sugar - sprinkled on top.
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a medium bowl, fold together sliced peaches, 1 cup sugar, almond extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Arrange peaches in a greased 8x8 inch pan. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1½ cup pie crust mix, baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening, until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Add in half N half and beaten egg at once; stir until flour is just moistened.
- Spoon the cobbler all over of the peaches in clumps. Don't worry about smoothing it out.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. *(Oven temps may vary bake-times). Top will be a golden brown.
- Serve warm with either fresh cream, fresh whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!