This terrifically tender Apple Cinnamon Muffin is another new favorite. It’s soft, it’s sweet and it’s jam-packed with fresh, juicy apples. It boasts of a sugar cinnamon crumble, that once baked, becomes crisp and flavorful. This deliciously easy melt-in-your-mouth recipe only needs a bowl. Trust me, this is a muffin you won't be able to resist.
Makes 1 dozen
- 1 ½ c. MinusG Muffin Mix
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 c. apple diced (approximately 1 large apple)
- 2 eggs
- For egg-free: 2 tsp baking powder + 1 Tbsp. vinegar + 1 Tbsp water per egg
- 2 tsp. GF vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. oil
- ½ c. yogurt or diary-free yogurt
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. butter, melted or dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add muffin mix, baking powder, and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil and yogurt. Whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix with a fork until combined. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar and butter. Mix together until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake muffins 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve as a dessert, make a simple glaze or warm the muffin and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Mix together ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Drizzle glaze all over the cake.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!