Perfect Gluten-Free Gravy Every Time
Thanksgiving dinner is really all about the gravy. In my family you'll find it all over our plates; ladled onto sliced turkey, adding flavor to mashed potatoes, stuffing, cornbread, and then mixed into favorite side dishes. It's a must on our Thanksgiving table. This is an easy recipe to follow and before you know it, you'll have mastered making perfect gluten-free gravy too. Smile!
- 3 c. broth or meat juices
- 4½ Butter or reduced fat
- 4½ Tbsp Tbsp potato starch or corn starch (Not flour)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter or rendered fat over low heat. When melted or heated through, remove from heat.
- Add potato starch or corn starch and whisk in to combine.
- Add ½ c. broth and whisk it until it's smooth and fully combined.
- Add another ½ c. broth and repeat step 3 until all of the broth is used.
- Return the gravy to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. The gravy should thicken quickly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a fine wire sieve, strain gravy to remove any lumps.
- This recipe makes a medium bodied sauce. Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe? Use hashtag #minusg to share your photos. We'd love to see your creations. And be sure to tag @minusgbaking on Instagram. Happy baking!